Hi, my name is Colin Michael Ashcroft. I'm an illustrator, concept artist, oil painter and all round sketchoholic. This blog is concerned with my love of the human form and nature!

A struggle from within.

Life model, portraiture, landscapes.

Saturday 3 April 2010

First some landscapes

I love to paint outdoors, especially up in the mountains or by the coast with the crashing and eating its way through the cliffs. I love to feel and smell the air, it adds depth and gives me an understanding of the subject I'm painting. I've trampled up snow covered mountains, lost all feeling in my fingers and my feet have froze to the ground! I've seen spectacular shows of nature and mother nature. Each painting has a memory attached which I shall never forget.

Title:        Forever
Location: Domburg, The Netherlands
Details:    Oil on board- 70 x 48cm
Not Available, Private collection.





Title:        Cold days
Location: Domburg, The Netherlands.
Details:    Oil on board.
Not Available, Private collection.


Both painted during some unsettled days at Domburg, The Netherlands.

No comments:

Post a Comment